Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Run, Sue, Run...

I finally got tired of "wishing" I could still run...So I laced up my new ASICs and started back on the Runner's World Beginners 5k workout.  It takes you from -0- to running a 5k in 8 weeks. I completed this workout in 2010 and was able to run a few 5k's before I tripped over my dogs and needed to have my 3rd knee surgery...

How sweet it would be to run like this again! 

Finish of the 4 x 100 meter Relay at Everett Community College 1979

So, two years later I start again.  I know I will never sprint like in that photo above (notice we won!)...but I should be able to jog a few miles.  My real goal is to run a half marathon, but that was my goal last time and look where it got me...I nearly died trying. Ha! 

Before my first 5k in 2010, Bellingham Bay Marathon - a few pounds heavier and 30 years later...



No comments:

Post a Comment