Friday, July 20, 2012

I'm Not Ready To Make Nice...

I have been thinking about this for a long while now.  When the Dixie Chicks made their comment about being embarrassed to be from the same state as George W. Bush they were absolutely vilified. They lost their career, received death threats, and had little to no support from the other country music artists.  In fact many were very outspoken against them. 

"Just so you know, we’re on the good side with y’all. We do not want this war, this violence, and we’re ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas"  Natalie Maines March 10, 2003


Flash forward to the political discourse in America today.  The visuals and verbiage being used against Barack Obama and his family are abhorent to me and really should be to most americans as this is our President.  You don't have to like him, you don't have to agree with him, but you should have respect for the office.  I disliked President Bush, but I respected the office he held. 

Remember...all the Dixie Chicks said was they were embarrassed to be from the same state...It seems to be one of those do as I say and not as I do moments in US history.  How sad. 

Free speech is all well and good as long as you are a Conservative.  Anyone on the other side may be shot on sight.  I am very proud of these 3 women who took on all comers and did not back down from the repercussions of this one statement.  Actually I'm proud as hell!





Sometimes you do have to laugh at how poorly these chuckleheads spell....showing their ignorance and stupidity to the whole wide world.

I don't have any answers, but I do know that I am ashamed of some of our fellow Americans right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment